Happy Monday, Moms!
Did you know you can can trick your body into burning calories more efficiently? As we age our metabolism slows down, but you can take control of your metabolism by making little changes to your routine.
1. Lift weights: The average woman in her 30s who strength-trains 30 minutes twice a week will increase her resting metabolism by 100 calories a day.
2. Eat breakfast: Eating a nutrient-rich morning meal shortly after getting out of bed literally wakes up your metabolism.
3. Eat lots of protein: Because it takes longer to burn protein than carbs or fat, your body expends more energy absorbing the nutrients in a high-protein diet.
4. Stand: Sitting too much is bad for your help, get on your feet.
5. Cold water: Drinking lots of cold water speeds up your metabolism temporarily.